Monday, October 4, 2010

ouch!

this is what happens when you try to walk on your foot when its asleep! lol well i am glad i can laugh about it now, it wasnt funny at the time!

it was just an ordinary day, about 2pm, and i was sitting at the computer at home alone with my legs crossed. i got up quite fast to put some washing out and when i stepped on my right foot i realised it was completely numb. however instead of sitting back down and waiting for the feeling to come back, i continued to walk on it.

on about the second or third step i landed badly on my foot and hurt my ankle. at first it didnt hurt much, probably because i had no feeling in it yet. so i rested on the arm of the couch and shook my foot a bit to try and wake it up. i then felt this wave of heat rush over my body and next thing i know i wake up on the floor! yes i had fainted. i was so out of it, i didnt know where i was or what had happened. the first thing i saw was my glasses on the floor with the arm broken off. my head felt weird so i touched my eyebrow where it hurt and found blood.

basically because i was only perched on the side of the couch and not sitting on it properly, when i fainted i only had one place to fall. head first into the carpet where my glasses fell off my face, the arm broke off and the plastic from the frame cut into my eyebrow. i was so lucky it wasnt any closer to my eye, i could have done some serious damage. i rang my boyfriend straight away, well after i had cleaned it up, and he said he'd come straight home which would take an hour. he also told me to ring my doctor and see if we could go in so she could check it out.

when he got home we went to the doctors and had to wait half an hour, he bought me a strawberry donut to help me feel better :) when i finally got to the doctor, all she did was look at it, didnt even touch it or clean it, just said it was superficial and didnt require stitches and it shouldnt leave a scar. she asked me when my last tetanus shot was, back in Year 10 i think, so i got a tetanus shot just to be on the safe side. and boy do they hurt! i think my arm hurt for a whole week :(

the cut is healing nicely now, and no one even knows its there unless i tell them since my thick fringe covers it! hopefully it doesnt scar...

does anyone else faint when you get hurt? this has happened to me twice now, last time was when i banged my knee on something under a desk and i woke up on the floor with my head in a waste paper basket lol! people have told me that it just must be my body's way of dealing with pain and that i probably shouldnt try getting a tattoo or have any babies without drugs lol

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Glad to see you're better and can laugh about it now, you poor thing! Ouch!

    I think I have come close to fainting, but not quite. I was sitting on the floor and my partner accidentally trod on my foot on a really awkward angle. It hurt so much I actually thought I was going to vomit. I was okay in the end, but now the side bone at the bottom of my pinky toe protrudes more on that foot than it does the other!

    ReplyDelete